POSITION: Property Manager
LOCATION: Pinehurst, NC
The Property Manager is responsible for leading, managing, and overseeing all aspects of property care and service across the C. F. Smith Property Group portfolio of commercial retail real estate holdings. These holdings include approximately 40 companies owning 125 properties and serving over 200 leasing tenants.
We are seeking a professional that has experience in real estate, property management, or construction that can manage vendor and tenant relationships. The position will report directly to the Asset Manager and is available immediately. This position offers a professional the opportunity to be a leader with a growing and successful commercial real estate firm and will present new challenges and opportunities on a daily basis. This person will lead property operations, participate in asset strategy and projects, build relationships with tenants and vendors, and be primarily responsible for the care, service, and quality appearance of all properties.
Ideal candidate is growth-oriented, excellent at problem-solving, possesses strong communication and negotiation skills, and strives to serve with exceptional quality and execution.
Work Orders and Repairs:
- Lead and manage the work order processing and completion for all tenant repair/maintenance requests.
- Diagnose, plan, and execute repair issues in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Manage communication with tenants and vendors associated with work orders.
- Inspect properties and propose resolutions for repairs and new materials with work orders.
- Assist Asset Managers and Director of Construction with major property repairs or enhancements.
- Establish and implement preventative maintenance procedures and processes.
- Manage process for recurring property inspections to document and address repair and preventative servicing needs.
- Be responsible for establishing property appearance standards and ensuring all properties are meeting or exceeding those expectations.
- Set and execute property-level goals for repairs, upgrades, and improvements.
- Ensure potential property hazards and liability concerns are being documented and addressed.
- Be responsible for managing the partnerships and contract arrangements with all property service vendors for maintenance, trash removal, landscaping, security, and other ongoing and as-needed services.
- Build and maintain a qualified and reputable vendor pool for services and repairs.
- Ensure vendors and technicians understand the expected service standards and manage each to meet those requirements.
- Currently, the Company does not employ any in-house technicians.
- Assist in advertising vacant properties and coordinating leasing efforts to attract tenants.
- Meet potential prospects, show them space, and assess their applications in coordination with Asset Manager.
- Be responsible for maintaining the required condition of vacant units and ensuring each is show-ready.
- Serve as the Landlord liaison with tenant’s on-site and regional property managers.
- Develop relationships with tenants through a service-minded approach while maintaining the integrity of the lease to ensure tenants are adhering to their responsibilities.
- Assist the Accounts Receivable department as needed to address tenant payment issues and plans.
- Investigate and resolve property complaints and rental violations.
- Ensure lease compliance by tenants and address issues or defaults as needed.
Quality Control & Reporting
- Serve as “eyes and ears” on-site and develop the ability to report the property’s financial status, occupancy, and expiring leases to Asset Manager.
- Ensure tenants are using the property consistently with the lease agreement and are not negatively impacting the property or other tenants’ use of the property.
- Ensure any use or operation of the property is not in violation of relevant codes, ordinances, laws, or lease agreements.
- Be responsible for budgeting and reporting on all property repair and maintenance general ledger accounts for each property.
- Be responsible for vendor contract budgeting and reporting for each property.
- Administer tenant survey system to report on customer satisfaction.
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of a two-year associate’s degree, but a four-year bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Preferred experience in the commercial real estate industry, property management, construction, or project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong knowledge maneuvering municipal GIS systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and interpret lease agreements and other real estate legal documents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are critical for success in this position,
- Must demonstrate the ability to make sound decisions as a leader and exercise initiative to take responsibility for engaging in tasks and completing those tasks in an efficient and quality manner.
Above all, we are looking for a strong fit within the family fabric of our firm’s culture. To fit the CFSPG culture, candidates must possess the ability to consistently live up to each of the CFSPG Purpose and Core Values:
PURPOSE: Creating Community Value Through Meaningful Relationships
Integrity – Operate with moral principles, honesty, and respect, especially when no one is watching.
Service – Listening, understanding, and executing the needs of our clients above all else.
Creativity – Consistently turning complex problems into creative solutions that add value.
Growth – Get comfortable being uncomfortable through innovation, evolution, and improvement. Push the boundaries of what is possible.
Commitment – Hard work, quality, and consistency are commitments that are never compromised.
Team – Supporting and improving each other to achieve our common purpose.
Passion – Bring excitement and positive energy to the position and toward the purpose.
Compensation is dependent upon candidate qualifications, experience, and fit. Base salary will be commensurate with the level of experience and in line with market expectations for similar companies and positions in the geographic region.
Interested applicants can submit their resume with cover letter to [email protected].